Served here with Basmati Rice, Shredded Cheddar, Sour Cream and a Dusting of Cayenne Pepper.
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 1 lb ground meat or 2 cups lentils/quinoa
- 1 can Goya Red Beans in olive oil, bell peppers & tomato
- 2 tbs McCormick Grill Mates – Brown Sugar Bourbon
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cups of water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tbs onion powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown Meat or prepare lentils or quinoa in a classical way. Add salt and pepper at this stage.
- Once meat is browned drain, add tomato paste, broth, and water. Reduce heat to med/low. Do the same once the lentils or quinoa are cooked through.
- Add kidney beans and spices.
- Cook on medium/low heat for an additional 10 minutes, or until sauce becomes thick.
- Plate and dress up with your favorite toppings.
For a vegan/vegetarian version, substitute quinoa or lentils. A delicious side dish of sliced tomato & avocado drizzled with olive oil and pink salt for both carnivore & vegan versions.
Sprinkle cayenne powder onto chili before serving, as an option for added scovilles.
This is a go-to for me on nights where I do not want take out. I’m partian to the veggie versions of this chili.