One of the first feelings we experience when we are pushed past our boundaries is low self-esteem. We often blame or shame ourselves into a false reality that we created the situation. This is the farthest from the truth.
While we hold all the power to manifest our experiences, other people have the same privileges. We also each have free-will to make our choices. Each decision can alter the course of our lives and the lives of others.
Being on the receiving end of a physical, mental, or emotional attack can leave us feeling tired, woozy, and give way to feelings of anxiety and depression.
This is where our self-esteem begins to feel the effects. We question our intentions, motives, choices, and belittle ourselves worse than any outside force can.
Let’s learn to push all of that outside negativity away, regain our self-worth, and set those boundaries.
In Tuesday’s video – Setting Boundaries – Tarot Tuesday, I mentioned three ways to do just that:
- Change Your Reactions: a split-second decision will alter your life and/or the life of another person. Change your responses from one of anger to one of Ahimsa, non-violence. Two wrongs do not make a right. Be on the side of a situation that makes you proud of how you handled it without compromising yourself.
- Change the Blame Game: see the responsible party for who it is. If it is you, own up, take accountability and work to resolve your Karma. Additionally, do not blame yourself for being in a situation where another person made a poor choice; you are blameless.
- Remember who you are: You are Light; You are Love; You are Earth; You are Stars; You are Cosmic; You are Spirit; You are Eternal.
“Clearing your energy and taking a pause is necessary to reassess and regroup. Shutting off for a few hours or days (without guilt) is a first step to setting boundaries. This is such a feeling of freedom! Do something entirely for yourself, such as an empowering self-care ritual.RCS
Self Care can include:
- Essential Oils – calming and relaxing blends. Look for blends with these fragrances:
- sweet basil
- holy basil
- Candles –
- Music – is very intimate, so choose what you feel at the moment. No choice is wrong, because all music is healing.
- Tiger’s Eye
- Rose Quartz
- Create a look that makes you feel empowered all day, every day.
- Goddess Bath – my personal favorite, because it takes time, patience, and care to create the perfect ambiance for your self-love. Take some tips from above to create your Goddess Bath (guys too!) and then dress for success!
Every scent, color, piece of clothing, and accessory you choose is the energy you will emit out to everyone. Take time with yourself, you deserve it. And you deserve to let your light shine. Allowing this light to burn bright gives you a sense of self-acceptance and value.
Once you’ve taken time to make yourself valuable in your home, you will realize you need to make yourself essential outside of your home. This is where the change begins to manifest, build self-esteem, and raise your vibrations. It is at this time you set your boundaries, without much effort, because you now have a deeper connection with your true self. You begin to understand that you can walk away from bad situations, feeling proud, safe, and empowered.
Learn the importance of You.RCS
Check out my Chakra Booster Program for Balance, Weight Management, and Overall Contentment.
Last day to get the program for $20/mo is today, September 20th – midnight EST.