October 25 is World Ayurveda Day.
Ayurveda is the Science of Life and is an introspective method of healing with the guidance of certified practitioners.
‘Ayur‘ means Life in, and ‘Veda‘ means Science or Knowledge in Ancient Sanskrit.
There are many areas of focus in Ayurvedic Healing, including but not limited to:
Dosha – Vata, Pitta, Kapha – the Body Constitution. (For more on Dosha’s read What’s Your Dosha?)
Pulse – The method to find the Dosha.
Kitchen Pharmacy – using the proper foods for the Dosha to heal.
Vedic Astrology – using personal gemstones, mixed with Dosha and dietary needs, mantra and ritualistic self-care for balance.
Ayurveda takes time and works with the body, the planet, the cosmos, and the spirit.Dr. Vasant Lad
OBJECTIVES OF WORLD AYURVEDA DAY:
- An attempt to further promote Ayurveda into mainstream
- Focus on the strengths of Ayurveda and its unique treatment principles.
- Reduce the burden of disease and related morbidity and mortality by utilizing the potential of Ayurveda.
- Exploring the potential of Ayurveda to contribute towards National health policy & National Health programs.
- Create a sense of awareness in today’s generation and promote Ayurvedic principles of healing in society.
Will you be celebrating? Help spread the word by tagging someone who’s INto Ayurveda.
For more information on World Ayurveda Day or general Ayurvedic Studies, please visit my school – The Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, NM.