Balsamic Roasted Potatoes
Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 russet potato
- 1 sweet potato
- ¼ cup dried or ½ cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbs butter, separated, room temperature
- A handful of pecans
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish with Thyme or Oregano
- Dice and boil potatoes in salted water.
- In a small saucepot, add balsamic vinegar and slowly bring to a boil on low heat. When Balsamic is ¼ of the way boiled down, add the butter and boil down for 2-3 more minutes. Adding cranberries now is optional.
- Remove potatoes from boiling water and fold into the remaining 2 tbs of butter. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour Balsamic reduction over potatoes, add pecans.
- Place in an oven-safe casserole dish in a preheated 350 F/177C oven for 45- 60 minutes.
Add fresh or dried cranberries into the reducing Balsamic VInegar for a sweet-tart or astringent taste.
Adding the cranberries to the dish after the Balsamic has been reduced adds a more tart or pungent taste.