Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 packet La Tortilla Factory Barbacoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 heaping tsp mayonnaise
- 1 level tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 box Goya red beans & rice
- 1 can green chilis
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat an electric skillet.
- Add ground chicken or turkey, cook through. Add salt & pepper.
- Pour in Barbacoa sauce and ½ cup water, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Add Goya beans & rice and the additional cup f water, cover, lower heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add green chili’s the last 2 minutes of cook time.
- In separate bowl mix mayo, mustard and vinegar, add a pinch of salt and fold in coleslaw.
- Plate and enjoy!
Vegan mayo can be used as a substitute. Feel free to add cheese, or any other of your favorite taco toppings. Add a hint of fresh lime juice at the end for a nice citrus kick.
This sauce is delicious, and will be a staple for my one pot meals.