The Chickpea Tuna Salad, in neither a Chick, nor a Pea, nor a Salad, Salad
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- I can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ¼ cup diced raw white onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced carrot
- 1 avocado
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Pickle Juice (optional)
- Sprouts (optional)
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Chop onion, celery, carrot and chickpeas, add a dash of salt pepper and turmeric.
- In a separate bowl, mix avocado, lemon juice of ½ lemon, and 2 tbs of pickle juice (optional)
- Mix chickpeas tuna with avocado, blend well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Add Sprouts and favorite bread, plate and enjoy.
The Sprouts and pickle juice really add some zest. I did not add chopped pickle, but you may add 2 tbs. of chopped pickle for a more robust flavor.