Yes It’s A Cheat Meal, and Well Worth It
This is such a post War Meal. I think she’d been making this dish since the ’50s. I only make it once every few years. I hope this becomes a comfort dish you love too.
Ready in 35 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 cup cooked mashed potato
- 16 oz. baked beans
- Slice hot dogs lengthwise.
- Boil potatoes and add cream, butter, garlic & chive, mash.
- Scoop mashed potato into sliced hot dog.
- Wrap in bacon., and place in casserole dish.
- Add beans to casserole dish.
- Cook on 375f or 190c for 35 minutes.
Cook sliced hot dogs and bacon for a minute or 2 for a crispier dish. Add crushed potato chips to be extra.