Ready in 35 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen)
- Juice of ½ fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dried Basil (optional but delicious)
- Preheat a skillet and add 2 TBS olive oil. Add the dry Orzo and saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Slowly add vegetable stock, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, cooking the Orzo Risotto style. Continuously stir the Orzo to avoid it sticking to the pan for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas to defrost in the pan, and add the artichoke hearts, cook for 10 more minutes or until everything is tender.
- Add ¼ of the lemon juice to the pan, and save the other half for plating.
- Add the salt, pepper and dried basil.
- Serve with the remaining lemon cut into wedges.
Chop up some of the artichoke hearts and leave some whole for a great flavor and texture. Adding some of the brine from the jar is a great flavor boost. Tastes great with dairy Parmesan or vegan Parmesan cheeses.