Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 6 oz wild-caught Sockeye Salmon, 2 filets
- ½ cup pecans
- 3 tbs maple syrup or monk fruit maple flavor syrup, separated
- 3 tsp mustard, your preference, separated
- 2 tsp coconut flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
For the Salmon:
- Brush Salmon filets with olive oil and sprinkle on a bit of salt.
- Mix 1 tsp mustard with a drizzle of maple syrup and brush on the Salmon filet. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 15 minutes on 375 dgrees F.
For the Pecan Crust:
- In a food processor, pulse pecans, coconut flakes and the remainder f the mustard and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Remove Salmon from the oven and add pecan mixture over the top.
- Place oven on high broil. When peak temperature is reached, broil for 3-5 minutes.
If you have sushi-grade Salmon, brush with olive oil, salt, maple, mustard mix, and add pecan crust mixture, place in the oven on high broil for 5-7 minutes.