Ready in 35 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup milk or water
- Breadcrumbs to bind
- 4 oz marinara sauce
- ½ loaf Italian bread
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Prepare meatballs.
- Mix ground beef, egg, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, liquid and mix well. Add breadcrumb in small amounts until mixture is dry enough separate.
- From meatballs in the palm of your hand. 1 lb should make 8 small meatballs.
- Cook on 375f/190c for 30-35 minutes, or until crispy on the outside.
- Prepare Meatball Sub
- Slice meatball and place in a preheated pan (medium heat) with 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Let sliced meatballs get crispy. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place sliced bread face down in a pan and lightly toast, add marinara sauce, sliced meatball and garnish the parmesan cheese.
Prepare meatballs a day early, do not cook meatballs in sauce, oven bake and cool.
When serving the meatballs with pasta, simply add sauce over the oven baked meatball, refrigerate the leftovers overnight for best sandwich texture.
For a healthier version try ground turkey or chicken.