Ready in 2 hours if fully oven cooked,
1 hour 20 minutes if using a microwave to cook potatoes.
Serves 1 person
- *Per Serving
- 1 Russett Potato
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Butter or Ghee
- 1 tsp Sour Cream or Creme Fraiche
- 2 tsp shredded cheese
- ½ tsp Chives, fresh, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Russet Potato
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Chives or Scallion (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and roll potato in foil, or place in microwave. (cook time is faster in a microwave)
- Choose cooking method for potatoes and either set the microwave timer to ‘potato’ setting or 8 minutes or in the oven for 90 minutes.
- Remove cooked potatoes from oven and slit down the middle, let cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato and place in a bowl.
- Add butter and sour cream, mix well. Fold in chives and cheese and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Scoop mashed potato mixture back into potato skins and make a little nest.
- Add egg and any other extras to the nest and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes to cool before serving.
Slice open hot potato and allow 5-6 minutes to cool before scooping out the middle.
Add bacon, roasted veggies, fresh scallion, fried tofu and Vegan Queso for a fun twist.
Crack the eggs individually into a glass to keep the shells away and avoid spilling the egg.
Nutritional information includes only ingredients listed.