Prep Time 20 minutes
Ready in 1-4 hours
Serves 4 people
2 ripe avocado
2 tsp cacao powder
4 oz dark chocolate (the closer to 85% the better. 4 oz is just under 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup agave nectar
3 tbs coconut oil
1 tbsp coconut butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract or Spiced Rum
- Slice open and scoop avocado into a mixing bowl with cocoa powder and coconut milk.
- In a pan, heat dark chocolate, agave, coconut oil & coconut butter on low heat until smooth.Add coconut butter Last and let it sit on top of the ingredients to infuse slowly. (coconut butter has a very low cooking temperature.)
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into a bowl and blend with stand mixer whisk or hand mixer on the low setting.
- Scrape around the bowl and incorporate until all ingredients are smooth.
- Place in a jar or bowl, cover and let sit for 1 hour to overnight. Serve Chilled with fresh fruit.
Adding more coconut milk gives the Mousse a sweeter, more milk chocolate taste that kids love, this makes great “ice cream” pops. Less milk is a more decadent dark chocolate flavor. Pair this with prosecco and fresh fruit and you’ve got a healthy party dessert. This would be deliciously piped into fresh strawberries. Get creative!